Amy Morin is a licensed clinical social worker, psychotherapist, and psychology lecturer at Northeastern University. She’s also an international bestselling author. Her books, 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do, 13 Things Mentally Strong Parents Don’t Do, and 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don’t Do have been translated into 39 languages.
The Guardian dubbed her “the self-help guru of the moment” and Forbes calls her a “thought leadership star.”
Her TEDx talk, The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong, is one of the most popular talks of all time with more than 10 million views. She’s a regular contributor to Forbes, Inc., and Psychology Today where her articles on mental strength reach more than 2 million readers each month.
Her advice for building mental strength has been featured by major media outlets, including Fox News, CNN, Inside Edition, CNBC, Today, Good Morning America, Success, Business Insider, Time, and the Hallmark Channel.
In this podcast, Cindra and Amy talk:
- What it was like to have her Forbes article go viral
- The struggle that lead her to write and study mentally strong people
- The power of choosing gratitude over self-pity
- How failure is evidence of courage
- The power of naming your emotions
- Why women really need to own their success
Reach Amy at @AmyMorinLCSW on Twitter and me @Mentally_Strong.