Keith A. Kaufman, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in the mental training of athletes and others who wish to improve their health and performance. He has operated his own private practice since 2008, and currently has two office locations in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Dr. Kaufman is also a Research Associate at The Catholic University of America where he teaches undergraduate sport psychology, and co-developed the mindful sport performance enhancement (MSPE) program.
His recently book, “Mindful Sport Performance Enhancement: Mental Training for Athletes and Coaches,” was the focus of this interview.
In this interview, Keith and Cindra talk about:
- What is Mindful Sport Performance Enhancement (MSPE)
- The latest research on MSPE
- The mental training paradox
- The benefits of practicing mindfulness
- Formal vs. informal practices of mindfulness
- How to adopt MSPE to you and your team