Dr. Wendy Borlabi is currently working with the Chicago Bulls and is founder of Borlabi Consulting, a performance psychology firm. She is an independent consultant with the National Basketball Association, and worked for the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) at their training center in San Diego for six years (two Winter Olympic and one Summer Olympic Games).
She co-founded Acumen Performance Group along with six current and ex-Navy SEALs, and spend five years at James Madison University where she began the sport psychology services for the student-athletes, coaches and athletic department. She received a doctorate in Clinical Psychology with a concentration in Sport Psychology and Exercise Psychology at Argosy University/Phoenix.
In this interview, Wendy discusses:
• What distinguishes the elite from the super elite
• The psychological attributes of the world’s best athletes
• The mental skill/tool she teaches all of the athletes she works with
• How self-awareness it like body odor (love it!)
• How she addresses barriers to mental training
• 7 ways to address anxiety
• Her recommendations for those interested in studying sport psychology or want to learn more about it
You can find Dr. Borlabi on Twitter and Instagram @DrBorlabi and at wendyborlabi.com.