Dr. Eric Bean is the Director of High Performance for HigherEchelon, Inc. As a high performance and leadership consultant, Eric has worked with Army Special Forces, Navy SEALs, surgeons, business professionals, and athletes. After receiving his PhD, Eric worked with various Soldier populations, including Special Forces, intact infantry squads, and Wounded Warriors. Eric also created a comprehensive program for surgical and non-surgical residents at Madigan Army Medical Center.
Following his work with the Army, Eric was recruited to work with the Navy SEALs at the Naval Special Warfare Center (NSWC) in Coronado, California. He provided mental skills training to Navy SEALs and candidates, as well as leadership development for the cadre. Dr. Bean is a Certified Mental Performance Consultant (AASP) and works with individuals and teams to strengthen their ability to lead others, maximize team functioning, perform at an elite level under high-pressure conditions, and maintain consistency despite changing circumstances.
Eric is a published, peer-reviewed author who lives in San Diego with his wife, two young sons, and two dogs.
In this interview, Eric shares with us:
- What separates the world’s best from the rest
- Why an understanding of self and our values is at the foundation of high performance
- The difference between meditation and mindfulness
- Why we need to separate self from our thoughts
- How to identify our mission statement and our shadow mission
- The difference between our absolute best and relative best
You can contact Eric on Twitter at @GetaStrongMind and at www.GetAStrongMind.com and Cindra on Twitter at @Mentally_Strong.
You can find a full description of the Podcast and contact information for Eric at cindrakamphoff.com/eric.